Monday, March 22, 2010

R.I.P. Pat's old jaw.

This is a get soon well post. Get well Pat!

On a blog about board riding we run into a few messed up injuries. However, I would have to say that this one is the worst yet.

Over the weekend my brother Pat, co-founder of Essentials, was in Las Vegas doing a little gambling and enjoying himself. While waiting for a cab around 3 am he got into what he thought was a friendly conversation with a few others waiting as well. A few words flew, and so did a punch, that ended up connecting with Pat's face. Well, he went back to San Diego the next day with a very sore jaw, and got ahold of me via video conference. That's when I saw it. One fucked up jaw. It didn't align, and he couldn't move it really at all (although he will tell you differently). He took a Ibuprofen and went to sleep.

The next morning, straight the to ER. Emergency surgery to wire a jaw broken in 3 places together. Dudes face was messed up. I am posting a picture that he looked like because I promised him I wouldn't post the real picture.

Get well bro!